Dr. Lewis-Jah has both educational and professional experience with Mental Health and Organizational Management & Leadership, for which she has cultivated a unique training to address the provision of systems care for those helping professionals and the development of quality services to their targeted populations.
This service is uniquely designed, and customizable, to provide individuals and groups with information about the significant impact of trauma. Trauma is ubiquitous in our world and has an impact on many of the people we interact with, including our clients and colleagues. Compassionate and trauma-informed care is crucial to providing effective support and building sustainable services in any milieu. Synergy Consultants offers psychoeducational training to discover how to construct a trauma-informed culture in any setting (i.e workplace, academia). Being competent provides an effective understanding on the prevalent impact of trauma on health and relationships. It is our mission to expose and transform the way trauma (direct or vicarious) effects both providers and the population served. Evaluating current standards will be investigated for increasing innovative models to enhance emotional and physical safety, culturally sensitive barriers, strategic planning for empowerment, and generating effective organizational systems. Becoming trauma-informed creates a sustainable foundation in any environment to promote bilateral care (for both provider and recipient), positive reciprocal outcomes, and systematic growth.
Core Topics Include (but not limited to):
Psychoeducation of Trauma
- Definitions of Trauma for Individuals and Systems
- Prevalence of Trauma- Singular and Complicated Occurrences
- Contexts of Impact – Intergenerational, Cultural, and Societal Factors of Influence
- Standards of Trauma-Informed Care
- Core Competencies – Strategic Planning for Change
- Establishing a Model for Progress
Creating a Trauma-Informed Environment
- The Field of Practice for Informed-Care- Managing Vicarious Trauma for Providers
- A Systemic Approach for Recognizing Trauma & Delivery- To Participants
- Policy & Procedures to Enhance Trauma Informed Processes
This is a customizable, introductory, intermediate, or advanced training model that is intended for individuals, agencies, or organizations, interested in learning more about the value of trauma-informed care across various settings. Programming can be done through Professional Presentations, Community and Organizational Workshops, and Forum Group Discussions.
- Discuss the prevalence and impact of trauma on individuals, communities, and organizations
- Create strategic planning for incorporating a trauma-informed approach across roles/settings
- Cultivate emotionally safe work settings for both service providers and recipients
- Implement trauma-informed goals in service delivery and program planning